Thursday, September 13, 2012

Welcome to our world

The other day I woke up at 5:45am to some odd sounds.  Upon opening my eyes, I could see a light coming in our room from down the hallway.  I get up to see what's going on and see our 3 year old, Cole, rummaging around in the dryer.  He announces to me that he's "looking for blankie!!"  Bad mommy, I had forgotten that we had told him that it was in the wash the night before and this kid has got a mind like a steel trap.  He remembers EVERYTHING you tell him.  We've got to keep our stories straight with this one or he will call out your explanation like a terrorist interrogator.  I regularly pray that he harnesses these abilities into a lucrative career as CEO of a wildly successful business someday.

After the blankie debacle is contained, I stumble into the bathroom.  A minute later, I hear Cole hee-heeing over the baby monitor.  That's right, he's WOKEN UP THE BABY.   The baby that is now pissed that he's no longer peacefully sleeping

It's only 5:56am....

It's Monday...

Oh yeah, and it's our 7th year wedding anniversary.   It's a hell of a romantic start to the day.

Welcome to our world, this crazy train called life...

2 comments:

  1. And oh what a wonderful world it is! Got to love when the older sibling "helps out" with the baby.

    ReplyDelete